Farm Stories and Animal Encounters
Guided tour of the organic farm, including encounters between people and animals
The organic farm known as "Wald am See" is located in Kitzbühel and right on the Schwarzsee. It covers 17 ha in total, 12 ha of which is pastureland and 5 ha forest. The farm is nestled between fields and forests, with a view of the lake. A side road leads to the farm and to the houses beyond.
Living on the farm are sheep, llamas, donkeys, a pony, hens, a rooster, ducks, rabbits and cats.
Here, we will experience the animals up close and gain insights into life on an organic farm.
This organic farm promises a full experience that integrates close animal encounters and insights into farming practices into a broader educational and therapeutic process.
- Day & Time: on request +43 5356 62806
- Meets: Bruggerhof car park at 10:30 AM
- Place: organic farm “Wald am See”
- Required Equipment: sturdy shoes, sun protection, rain jacket, possibly an umbrella, camera optional
- Cost: from 12 € per person – payment upon arrival at the organic farm (cash only)
- Difficulty: easy tour, short distance, walk to the organic farm “Wald am See” and back, minimal climbs
- Other Highlights: fascinating exposure to animal-assisted education and therapy
Tour only takes place in good weather!